Thursday, June 14, 2007

When it all feels like it's falling apart...

Today things feel like they are falling apart. It all started when Jordan got news regarding his application to Dal. He was told of a mess up on their part which they apologized for, but really can't help with. (I still think there's something screwy with that.) Then he finally found out why they didn't accept him. His GPA "didin't meet the cutoff" requirements. And later last evening I looked down at my wedding ring only to discover that one of the diamonds is missing. Then today I got a call from one of Jordan's jobs. They told me that his payslips had been inproperly turned in for the past while and so they were not going to pay him for the next while until they get things figured out. Apparently they have been overpaying him. All I keep thinking to myself is that they can't penalize him for something they did wrong. (They were assuming he was working a certain amount each week.) But it seems like they are blaming it on him and leaving us in the lurch. And of course, I took the brunt of it because Jordan wasn't home and his boss was so upset and didn't keep with employee privacy and told me everything. So Jordan doesn't even know yet. Speaking of things that he doesn't know...I just checked his AAMC results (MCAT). I know his scores and I don't think that he does. And if he does, I'm guessing he's doing an awful lot of thinking today. 29. A good score. But I don't think it'll make him happy. He was hoping to break 30. And we'd said that we would be going south if he made less than that. And here we were just two days ago talking to each other and saying that we were pretty sure we'd be staying in Halifax for the next year at least. Now it looks like we'll be moving for sure. If it's not to Belize then probably New Brunswick so that he has a better chance of getting into MUN. But I just found this out. I don't even know what Jordan's gonna say. He was so sad last night about his GPA. Now what? That's the biggest question either of us has. Now what do we do? How do we respond to this? What's our next step? Do we take any steps? I think life here in Hali is pretty good and that we could make a go of it in our present state. But is that enough? WE always had bigger dreams. I was so sure Jordan was going to be a doctor. Did I misunderstand God? We don't have people to really hash this all out in person with either. What we need is some good honest advice and truth without holding back. God, I want to listen to You. I'm just having such a hard time doing that right now. I know my problems are petty but to me they're really important. I thought I had a clear picture. Please forgive me of my unbelief. I just don't know what my next step should be. How do I support my husband and love him in the way that he needs to be loved? How do we become the people You want us to be? How should we follow our calling? Heck, what's our calling? Jordan listens to me a lot. Help me to say and do the right things. I don't want to be a hinderance. I want to do Your will. Help us Lord! Please take away this ache in my heart and this tension in my insides. I know it's because I'm not trusting You enough. I just know know what trusting looks like at the moment.