Thursday, May 15, 2008

headache

So I've got one of those massive headaches going on right now. I should know by now what the signs are. Maybe I do, and just ignore them. Either way, it's been three days now. It's getting worse. My ears feel like they're being beaten upon, my tongue feels swollen, my eyes feel every wave of light and I feel sick to my stomach. I could take some codeine but that just makes Zebediah sleepy and constipated. Not a good thing... So here we go. Gonna have a long week!

Jordan's taking Danya and Benjamin to the library to pick up a hold item and a video or two for the kids. They're bored out of their minds and I need something to keep me from yelling at them. They're so cute and wired and crazy...and I can't handle it right now. Any squeals make my ears feel like they're gonna pop. But they make me laugh anyway. :)

I've been making a weekly grocery list and meal schedule. Today just happens to be Jordan's day to do stirfry. Yay for not having to cook! I'm VERY relieved. I love to cook. Enjoy seeing people enjoying the food in front of them. But when my head hurts, and I have to look for dishes or dodge running children I get frustrated and the fun disappears.

Now it's quiet. They've just left and suddenly their noise is replaced by the noise of a furnace, the clicking of computer keys, my own eyes blinking. I think it's time for a rest. If only I thought resting would ease the pain. But it won't. I know it won't.