Today I sat in the passport office and felt myself grow feathers. I became a chicken. I try to bring Avon books with me when I go places, especially when I know I'll have some time on my hands to wait around. What else is a person to do in the passport office? Well, I found lots of things to do. I talked with people behind me. I laughed out loud at some of the questions people asked of man at the registration desk. I hummed and hawed. But I didn't get rid of one of my books. In fact, I'm sure that if you looked closely, you'd still see some residual feathers hanging on. I get so shy. And why? Because someone might say no to me? It's silly. I know it stems from fear, but sometimes I just can't conquer it. Oi!
I finally made it to the wicket to have Danya and Benjamin's passports processed. The lady was really nice. At least when I feel chicken others don't seem to see the beak and claws.) I've really noticed lately that people are a lot nicer than they're often portrayed to be. So many people have complained about getting their passport obtaining experience. Lines too long, staff too snippy, a smell in the air...you get the picture. But it really wasn't bad. I actually had fun...aside from the clucking which I'm hoping I was the only one to hear. God is teaching me about not judging a situation, people, or places before I experience them. And actually, I'm learning not to judge even if I am experiencing them. I'll never have the whole picture, so why can I think that I can know why a person acts or reacts a particular way? Hmmm...maybe this is a lesson for me regarding Belize too. Hmmmmmmmmm.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment