Thursday, April 26, 2007

Writing mad...

I'm full of irrational anger right now. After all I wrote earlier today about housework, etc. I had the experience of arriving home from a meeting to realize that my father and mother in law had been by. I was originally expecting them today, but yesterday was told that they were coming tomorrow. The house was a MESS! Like completely messy. I'm not mad at them for coming. Just mortified that my home was not in a state to welcome anyone. There was (is) food on the floor, laundry covering one couch, coats covering the other. There are boxes in the middle of the living room and supper, etc. all over the counters in the kitchen. I had gone out to a meeting thinking I could tidy it all up when I got home and in the morning before we'd see anyone. Ahhhhhh! I don't know what irritates me more. Feeling embarrassed and insecure, having been given the wrong information, knowing there things that could have been done to at least make them comfortable while they were here but seeing no sign that they were able to even really sit down, or having to put out the garbage and recycling as well as tidy up when I got home. Like I said, irrational! There's no one to be mad at, but I am. There's nothing I can do, but I want to. I feel sick to my stomach. This is ridiculous. So much for seeing the good in a situation. Hehe...at least they knew to leave so that we didn't hate each other! :) Ray and Lori and Amanda...I really do love you!