Thursday, April 19, 2007

Chicken pox

So Benjamin's got spots all over his back. He had his three vaccinations about a week and a half ago and it looks like the shot for Chickenpox is taking effect. I was wondering if it would because he was rubbing his ears alot and then yesterday he had a mild fever a couple of times. Well, after throwing up all over the floor in his shared room after a temper tantrum this evening, we put him in the tub and noticed a whole bunch of spots all over his back. So I get to call the doctor tomorrow morning. Yay! :S Hint, don't feed your child tomato and cheese and peas if you want to see it later all over the floor. Yuck! Yuck! and more Yuck! The smell is really bad this time. He must be sick.

On a more pleasant note...we took Danya and Benjamin to the playground this evening. Danya is very excited about the pole. It's quite funny to watch. She has to be lifted up on the platform because it's so high. Then she crawls cautiously to the middle of the floorspace and stands up. Finally, she makes her way to the edge where she waits for you to help her slide down the pole. Now, this pole is actually about half her length away from her and as she leans over you pretty much have to catch her to make sure she doesn't fall. Then you have to continually remind her to actually hold on to the pole with her hands and legs. (Which was hard to do tonight because it was so chilly outside.) Finally, she "slides" down the pole. Essentially, you as the parent have to let go without letting her know you're holding on. It's quite a feat! Oh, and did I mention that I cannot actually assist in this process. I'm too short and the platform is too tall. Yay for Jordan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I've been reading your blogs. God bless you and your hard work at home. I just got back from taking the dog for a walk and i'm trying desperately to get motivated to do some homework. Blah. It's getting so nice out that it's getting harder and harder to concentrate on my last few papers. Ttyl
Lots of Love from
viv