I find myself feeling bad for Jordan. He's so tired lately and then when he's feeling good, I'm tired. It seems like we're just walkin' the road together, not talking much. This is ok. As long as it doesn't stay like this. I've been doing a lot of reading lately about marriage. It started out with me being concerned about people around us who had marriages falling apart. Then Katrina reccommended a book called "Every Woman's Marriage." And yesterday I was reading some excerpts from the Alpha Marriage book. I'm reminded that while our marriage is lasting, it's not always perfect and I still need to work on it if I'd like it to be good and healthy and joyful. Now I'm just left wondering what I can do with the time I have, what we can do with the time we have.
I've been repeatedly convicted about my speech lately. Not only am I not graceful (as my name says I should be), I am downright rude, especially to my children. And not only is it my words, but also my actions that betray me. My heart is hard and I need it to be softened so that my words might be gentle and just. How am I to explain what's right to the Agora or to my family when I am so inept, so sinful with my words? Wisdom does not seem to be a friend of mine.