God, help my thoughts to make sense and come out right to those I speak to.
Main Scripture passage: Colossians 4:1-18, especially 4:6 - Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Supporting passages: Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Ephesians 5:1-21, especially 5:4,6,12, 19-20 - Nor should there be obsenity, foolish talk, or coarse joking, which are out of place, but thanksgiving... Let no one deceive you with empty words... For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret... Speak to one another with psalm, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 8:1-36, especially 8:6-14 - Listen for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those who have knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgement are mine; I have understanding and power.